approach and learning cycle
Welcome To Siddhant World School
Our Academic Approach:
Salient Features of Pre-Nursery:
- Nurturing Creativity In Children Through Play-way Method.
- Developing Their Motor Skills
- Use Of Smart Classes.
- Latest Toys And Teaching Aids.
- Well Lit,Bright,Colourful Classrooms.
- Air-conditioned Comfort for Kids.
- Healthy Student-Teacher Ratio.
- Trained Teachers Who Are Passionate About Teaching
- Theme Based Activities
- Excursions And Picnics
- Sports Activities
- Inter House Competitions
- Participation in inter school events
- Special Classes to Enhance public speaking skills
- Mental Ability Classes
Nursery to Fifth:
The initial years should develop a love for education in the child and create conditions for him to pursue a positive approach in life.
In the international education circles, activity base learning is gearing up. Activity based learning is nothing but education through entertainment. We follow a multidirectional group workshop” as a method of teaching. Here the teacher becomes the group co-ordinator, nurturing students without phobia of examination and homework. Thus the educative process becomes more participative and enjoyable.
Sixth to Twelfth:
Siddhant World School is a CBSE school. Though CBSE syllabus will be the core of our academic curriculum but we make our students know beyond that level so that they could compete with students of any board. We cover the syllabus in a unique way by integrating the concepts from all the three syllabi (SSC + CBSE + ICSE) in a logical order without repetition. Siddhant World School will carry out school curriculum in sync with competitive exams from the very beginning (from VI class onward) so that our students not only score good percentage in board exams but should also come out with flying colours in competitive exams.
- Micro-schedule based teaching: We will provide each student monthly Micro-schedules of all subjects separately which will give the details of topics to be covered on daily basis.
- Worksheets: Worksheets will be provided for practice.
- Academic Workshops: Every teaching period is followed by working period in form of Academic workshop. During workshop, the child will apply the learned concepts to solve questions or problems.
- Types of Tests/Quizzes: We conduct three types of tests/quizzes
- Science and Maths quiz (SMQ): In Science and Maths Quiz (SMQ) only concepts, definitions and formulae are asked which have been taught in a particular week.
- Competitive Assessment Test (CAT): In objective pattern test ‘CAT’ we take questions from Science and Maths Olympiads, of the topics covered in respective week, so as to give students early exposure of the competitive world they are going to face in future and to equip them with necessary academic inputs, to excel in it.
- Board Type Test (BTT): These tests are conducted fortnightly on board pattern and are conducted for all subjects to enhance their performance in board exams also.
Allied academic activities:
The academic approach that we follow at SWS ensures that the learning cycle of a student is completed in school itself.
Learning cycle has four stages : (we call it Cycle)
Reception: It means listening and understanding of the students to the lectures delivered to them. Good teachers at SWS make student more receptive.
Rehearse: At SWS we make students rehearse the topic taught in the class in academic workshops.
Retention: Weekly tests motivate students to memorize not only the concept taught in particular week but also in previous weeks .As 50% of the syllabus in CAT is from the topics covered in previous weeksThis increases the retention power of students.
Reproduction: Students reproduces the knowledge acquired by them throughout the week in their weekly exams.
The performance of the student in test improves with academic workshops and gradually their memorizing skill also improves.
Good performance in exams motivates the student towards studies and he becomes more receptive in class.